Monday 4 January 2016

ARTICLES10 Ways To Win An Argument whether you are Right or Wrong

There is something about arguing, that just feels good anytime we do it, especially when we do it right.

Like when you walk into a room filled with young men yelling at the top of their voices, Arguing on Football to the extent you can almost see testosterone oozing out of their pores.

Arguments! Oh sweet chocolaty arguments, For me I had always perceived that most people who engage in them do so for mere “Ego flexing”. Personally, am not much of an arguing person partly owing to the fact that I don’t know how to argue. But hey! Don’t judge me. I am human too. I can’t be an expert in everything I do, but I can learn.

Recently I had a lot of free time to do some research on how to argue effectively. I learnt how to construct and articulate my sentences properly and prioritize my point in the order of how I dish them out, I also learnt how to ask mental disarming questions during arguments.

“Aggrrr! I do this all the time” I’m such a Nerd!!! Let me skip the technical aspect of it and get straight to the point where I share with you my learnt secrets of how to argue and do serious damage to your opponent(s). “errr’ By that I mean how to win arguments.

1] Don’t take arguments like just a mere exchange of words; take it as a verbal warfare so you need to be tactical about it… because the reward of being victorious in arguments is pride, integrity and respect.

2] Expand your opponent’s explanations to its limit, by asking more questions and making him talk more because it is easier to attack a larger body of literature than a narrow one. Engage your opponents to his natural limits and most likely he’ll self destruct or create a chink in his armor.

3] Hide your conclusion from your opponent until the end; mingle your premises here and there in your arguments, Get your opponent to agree to them in no definite order.

By this circuitous route you conceal your goal until you have reached all the admissions necessary to reach your goal.

4] Make your opponent angry. An angry person is less capable of using judgment or perceiving where his or her advantages lies.

5] If your opponent answers all your questions negatively and refuses to grant you any points, ask him or her to concede the opposite of your premises. This may confuse the opponent as to which point you actually seek him to concede.

6] Try to bluff your opponent.
If he or she has answered several of your questions without the answers turning out in favour of your conclusion, advance your conclusion triumphantly, even if it does not follow.

If your opponent is shy or stupid, and you yourself possess a great deal of impudence and a good voice, the technique may succeed.

7] Also bluff your opponent by threatening to Google evidences to support your argument by a credible website or authority or play a YouTube video or whatever.

8] If you have argued with him before and won or know an argument your opponent lost, bring it up to frustrate him.

9] If your opponent is making a generalization, find an instance to the contrary. Only one valid contradiction is needed to overthrow your opponent’s proposition.

Example: “All ruminants are horned,” is a generalization that may be upset by the single instance of the camel.

10] If you find that you are being beaten, you can create a diversion. You can suddenly begin to talk of something else, as though it had a bearing on the matter in dispute. A stalemate is better than a loss.

source : collegeoxygene.com

No comments: